- Paid 12 month traineeship with Australia’s largest branded dental network!
- Gain a fantastic skill set in a clinical setting amongst a friendly team
- Grow your career with us - ongoing development, guidance and support
Dental Assistant Traineeship Program - January 2022
Warragul Pacific Smiles
This full time, paid twelve-month traineeship opportunity is perfect for those wanting to begin their career in the dental health services industry. You will earn an income while working towards gaining a nationally recognised Certificate III in Dental Assisting qualification and have a high potential for further employment upon completion. Successful candidates to start in mid January 2022.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Providing high-quality patient care - every time
- Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy clinical environment
- Assisting Dentists chair-side in a broad range of procedures
- Reception duties
A typical day of a Dental Assistant
Our Dental Assistants enjoy a variety of responsibilities ensuring no two days are the same! This will include assisting dentists with a variety of dental procedures - passing instruments, operating suction apparatus etc. Preparation and clean up after procedures, including sterilisation of instruments. Acting as a first point of contact for patients at reception, taking payments, scheduling appointments and updating records.
What will you need to be successful
- Be able to commit to a 12 month traineeship
- Have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with people
- Be skilled at multitasking and following instructions
- Be organised, pay attention to detail and enjoy a fast paced environment
- Experience in reception work, hospitality or retail environments is highly regarded
About Pacific Smiles
We are one of Australia’s largest branded dental networks, and we’re still growing! At Pacific Smiles Group we believe in our True Purpose to improve the oral health of ALL Australians to world’s best. We are focused on ensuring a great dental experience for our patients, support to our wonderful Dentists and a positive work environment for our employees.
What Pacific smiles offer in return
- A Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- Stability, above award wages and penalty rates
- Four weeks paid annual leave plus 2 additional work/life balance days
- Corporate fitness program - huge gym membership discounts
- Clinical training opportunities to expand skills/knowledge
- Supportive company culture and recognition programs
- Dental product discounts
If you have a passion for patient care and love providing great service with a smile – this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Submit your resume as soon as possible!
Please note, shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a phone or video screen prior to interview.